SAINT | SSD Peace \\ Security \\ Development
"...there can be no long-term development without security, and no long-term security without development."
Kofi Annan, UN Secretary-General (2005)
Our expertise centres on the interrelated fields of the Security-Development Nexus, i.e. international relations, peace & conflict transformation, crisis management, security sector reform, international police cooperation, and post-conflict development, offering:
1. subject matter consultancy services (incl. project coordination);
2. training facilitation;
3. field-based monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL);
4. situational and threat analysis (incl. on-site assessments); and
5. capacity-enabling and fact-finding research.
- Human Factors
- Human Terrain: mapping, context and analysis
- Socio-Cultural Intelligence, incl. strategic communication
- Human behaviour and driver analysis
- Human Relations: social cohesion, engagement strategies, mediation, interoperability
- Policing Governance
- Capacity building and reform
- Integrity, ethics, and conduct
- Rights and protection (incl. Use of Force, Gender, Social Contract)
- Community-orientated Policing
- Criminal Intelligence
- Security Sector
- Security and Intelligence Analysis
- Security Risk & Threat Management
- Conflict mitigation, transformation, and peacebuilding
SAINT | SSD recognises that those we serve face situational challenges that are constantly evolving, therefore we adapt and customise our knowledge services to the needs on the ground. Our domestic and in-mission services are “practical solutions”-based, focusing on knowledge transfer and the enhancement of capacity through self-sustaining local ownership (seeding and enabling Change Agents).
Our Approach: ethical, culturally-aware and socially responsible. Do no harm – leave no other footprint than the assignments’ objective.