SAINT | Security Sector Development
"...there can be no long-term development without security, and no long-term security without development."
Kofi Annan, UN Secretary-General (2005)
Our expertise centres on the interrelated fields of the Security-Development Nexus, i.e. international relations, peace & conflict, crisis management, security sector reform, conflict transformation, and post-conflict development, offering:
1. subject matter consultancy services (incl. project coordination);
2. training facilitation;
3. field-based monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL);
4. situational and risk analysis (incl. on-site assessments); and
5. capacity-enabling and fact-finding research.
- Human Domain / Human Terrain: mapping, context and analysis
- Human behaviour and socio-cultural driver analysis
- Intelligence: gathering and analysis
- Security Risk Management (SRM)
- Conflict mitigation, transformation, and peacebuilding
- Human Relations: social cohesion, engagement strategies, mediation, interoperability
- Strategic and Intercultural Communication
- Integrity, ethics, and conduct
- Rights and protection
SAINT | SSD recognises that those we serve face situational challenges that are constantly evolving, therefore we adapt and customise our knowledge services to the needs on the ground. Our domestic and in-mission services are “practical solutions”-based, focusing on knowledge transfer and the enhancement of capacity through self-sustaining local ownership (seeding and enabling Change Agents).
Our Approach: ethical, culturally-aware and socially responsible. Do no harm – leave no other footprint than the assignments’ objective.